Metadata Standards Directory
Open Standard for Particle-Mesh Data (openPMD)
OpenPMD provides naming and attribute conventions that allow the exchange
of particle and mesh based data from scientific simulations and experiments.
The primary goal is to define a minimal set/kernel of meta information that
enables the sharing and exchange of data to achieve
- portability between various applications and differing algorithms;
- a unified open-access description for scientific data (publishing and archiving);
- a unified description for post-processing, visualization and analysis.
OpenPMD suits any kind of hierarchical, self-describing data format, such
as, but not limited to ADIOS1 (BP3), ADIOS2 (BP4), HDF5, JSON, and XML.
- Standard Website
- European Unions Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 654220
- Consortium for Advanced Modeling of Particles Accelerators (CAMPA), funded by the U.S. DOE Office of Science under Contract No. DE-AC02-05CH11231
- Exascale Computing Project (17-SC-20-SC), U.S. DOE Office of Science and the National Nuclear Security Administration
- Germany's Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- The Saxon Ministry for Science, Culture and Tourism (SMWK)
- Axel Huebl
- Standard Update Date
Physical Sciences & Mathematics
Nuclear and Particle Physics